<

February 16, 2005

The Greatest Day of the Year


The Inspiration for The Greatest Day of the Year Posted by Hello


I should be writing an English paper right now but I’ve come down with a case of writer’s block that may be lethal. So after spending an hour pacing my room, talking to myself, and swinging my arms like a madman I decide that that the paper isn’t coming out until a release some of the pressure in my head.

-Sorry I’ve haven’t written lately, my computer has been a little unruly this week so I’ve spent a lot of my free time trying to fix my ailing CD drive. After exchanging e-mails with Dell tech support, I’ve been informed that I am the proud owner of what is technically known as a “busted CD drive”. So Dell wished me the best of luck and requested that i no longer contact them about this issue.

I’ve tried very hard to not to acknowledge the existence of Valentines Day. But no mater how hard I tried to avoid the subject it seemed that everywhere I went someone had to bring it up. They all asked me the same question…. “What are your Valentines Day plans?”….. I told them… “I’m gonna to eat leftover pizza and watch hockey” (the AHL all-star game’s on tonight) and of course they all responded by saying stuff like …“sounds like someone doesn’t have a valentine”

You’re d**n right I don’t have a valentine and I really don’t care, in fact I seem to be the only person that isn’t upset by this fact. This is such a crap holiday it needs to go away and never come back. And since the world is obviously not going to let me ignore it I guess I’ll just have to take matters into my own hands. The answer came to me this morning; I was looking for my Penn State “hoodie” when I stumbled across my green and black SHAMROCKS hockey jersey, that’s when it hit me,

THE GREATEST HOLIDAY EVER ! I am creating an alternative to Valentines Day; February 14 will be the greatest day of the year. All great holidays have food so I figure we’re gonna need turkey, and pies lots of pies, we need barbecue too cause it’s hard to get good barbecue in winter, and ham ahhhhhhh I LOVE HAM, and potato salad and stuffed peppers. And I’m tired of waiting till October to see good (or bad) horror movies so we’ll need zombies too, zombies and fireworks. YES! fireworks we need to see lots of stuff blow up! We need music; I’m thinking loud guitars and bagpipes and maybe bongos. And we should all wear Hawaiian shirts cause I have six Hawaiian shirts sitting in my closet and I need an excuse to wear them. We need a countdown too; I figure we’ll have a count down to my new holiday. It always bothered me that people go home a few hours after midnight on New Years. I think the party should start at midnight and last until the next midnight, the greatest 24 hours of the year. And I want volleyball too cause drunken picnic volleyball is the greatest sport ever. So there you have it the greatest day ever, I am 100% serious, exactly one year from today I will celebrate my new holiday and you’re all invited. All the greatest day ever needs is a name so I’m assigning this task to all of you, please give my day a name and post it here. If you have any more holiday ideas post those too case 24 hours is a lot of time and I want to keep busy.

That’s it..........................Peace out Yo

1 Comments:

At 12:13 AM , Blogger aprilbapryll said...

If it helps, evidently Steak and BJ day is March 14. Maybe you can find someone for that one. And hockey rules (I'm a Lightning girl myself) so hopefully we'll have something to look forward to next year.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home