<

September 08, 2005

Sometimes the Signs Can't Be Any More Obvious

I had some free time between classes today so drifted around downtown for a while then settled on a stone wall outside the Paterno Library, ( that's right they named the Library after him) while doing some reading for my history class I overheard two girls discussing Hurricane Katrina. From what I caught of the discussion the girls had just come from a Political Science class where their classmates were criticizing the government's ( especially good old GW"s) response to the situation. I'll spare you the play by play of what was a very stupid conversation but here's a quote that I think sums it up. " Yea , I don't know why every ones mad at the President. How was he supposed to know? It's not like he's a wetherman"

Yes those were the words of actual college students and though I was too busy cramming for a history quiz at the time I would like to clear a few points up for some of Penn State's finest now.
  • Chances are The Most Powerful Man in the World is in contact with some form of "weatherman". In fact I bet he has at least one working for him in a government that employs a staggering number of people .
  • It's also a safe bet that the White House is equipped with at least one cable television. Even the retards at the cable news networks figured out there was a really big storm about to hit the gulf region. You wanna know were you should send the rescue parties? Just look for the guy in an over priced LL Bean wind-breaker trying to talk into a mic while being blown around a parking lot.
  • Ok, maybe watching the news just isn't your thing . How about a good old mockumentary? How can you say this was a surprise when FX released a television movie about this scenario less than a year ago? Don't believe me? It was called Oil Storm, look it up.
there were hundreds of reports of the danger a major hurricane posed to the city of new orleans and the gulf region, heck I remember a teacher telling use about it in geography class after hurricane andrew hit. The next time the good people at the FX network decide to predict the future I say they do it through their new show It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia instead of a horrible TV movie. Just think of it, the gang sets up a bar next to the Red Cross Shelter!

in other news....

i'm writing from a location with very unreliable internet access, so chances are if I don't write for a week it's because my connection is down.

Biz has a new site called
The Zombie Holocaust Survivor Network you should all check it out when you get a chance, it's Biz so you know it's gonna be good.

If your in the pittsburgh region september 14th-18th you should head down to the Igloo, the Pens are having their training camp scrimmage tournament and it's free! Click Here for the game schedule and training camp roster

that's it for now,

peace out yo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home