<

January 31, 2006

My Fellow Americans the State of the Union Is......Inebriated


I don't feel like saying anything politically witty in regards to last night's State of the Union Address for no other reason than there was nothing said this year that I didn't complain about after last years speech. If your going to try to sell me meaningless political spin I would appreciate it if you at least tried to sell me fresh meaningless political spin.

Also for the third year in a row I played a drinking game with the speech unfortunately our commander in chief is such a walking cliche that even me, a professional college student in the prime of my drinking career, was starting to get a little tipsy by the time we reached the Democratic reprisal ( witch I personally thought sucked).

Finially, when did wearing a t-shirt that says "2,245 Dead. How many more?" become grounds for incarceration ? (click here for the AP story) Wire taps, arresting activists before they act; hey why don't we just bring back Joe McCarthy's House Committee on Un-American Activities or maybe Wilson's Committee on Public Information. Nothing says "We're going to defeat you Communist USSR, or Centrial Powers of World War I, or Pesky Middle Eastern Terrorist, like dismantling the Bill of Rights and persecuting your own citizens.

peace out yo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home