<

January 21, 2006

Steeler Nation, Hear Me and Rejoice



365 days ago I wrote a post confessing that I didn't think the Steelers would beat the Patriots in the 2005 AFC Championship (click here to read it). I had really bad feeling about it all week, everyone was too confident even after we won a game against the Jets that we probably should have lost. There was too much pressure, too many injuries, and our quarterback was burnt out. And sure enough my unfortunate prediction came true leading to another city wide depression on another Post-AFC Championship Loss Monday. You'd think we would have been used to it after93,94,97,and 01 but no it hurt just as much as ever. So Steeler Nation woke up that Tuesday and got back to doing what they do best, obsessing over their football team while completely ignoring the Pirates. They argued over draft picks, mocked Plexco Burress, and filed the hills of Latrobe with Black and Gold in the summer heat. And so once again we find ourselves on the brink of another AFC Championship Game with visions of Lombardi Trophies dancing in our heads. But something's different this year I don't have that feeling of impending doom heading into tomorrow's game. I would even go as far as to say the Steelers will win tomorrow in Denver and again in two weeks in Detroit. If I'm wrong may the ghost of Rod Woodson haunt me for the rest of my days. So take heart Steeler Nation this is your year, grab an Iron City and some wings from the Lube because the Terrible Towels will be waving after Super Bowl XL.



Peace Out Yo

One For the Thumb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home