<

January 24, 2005

An Immaculate Reflection

www.thepittsburghchannel.com

I don't have any words of comfort today, it took me this long just to start writing.
All I can say is it hurts like hell, there's no silver lining, no words of comfort that mean anything, there's just the lingering feeling that we missed something special. But the pain is starting to numb and in a few weeks this game will take it's place alongside AFC championships from 93,94,97,and 01. The anger however will probibly last a little longer, now I know what your thinking " Anger? Hey they played bad but there's no need to be angry." Well I agree I'm not mad at the Steelers it's the fans especially the season ticket holders. I know of at least 4 season tickets that went unused on Sunday. FOUR! Steeler tickets to the AFC Championship Game went unused because their owners decided that it was "Too Cold" I was forced to work during the game because these people had tickets. Did they sell their tickets? NO, Did they give their tickets to someone else? NO. They just didn't go. And even worse than the one's that didn't show up were the people that left early. They make me sick, how can these "Steeler Fans" just give up and go home? There are so many of us who will only go to a handful of games in a lifetime if we're lucky but these people just leave when the game isn't going our way. I've been to one Steeler game in my life, and that was ten years ago, that may not seem very long to some people but I've only been alive 20 years. But fans don't have to go to the game to catch my ire, there are plenty of drunken retards roaming around the three rivers that turned their backs on the team five minutes into the game. I was trying to watch the game when a big dumb-ass with a Rothlisberger jersey and a "big Ben #7" tossel cap walked through the door and informed me that.... "Ben sucks we should put Tommy gun in" and that......"We should have drafted Manning" Not only is that the stupidest thing I've ever heard but it's also impossible since Manning was drafted before our pick. What I'm trying to say is, I think I hate most Pittsburgh sports fans. And I have a whole lot more to say on the topic but that can wait for another post.


ps.
I'm still going to training camp at St. Vincint's in August and I have four open seats in my car

Here we go Steelers!


Peace out Yo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home