<

September 28, 2005

What Would Serge Do?


I picked up a passenger for my drive back to the Happy Valley Sunday night, an old friend's little sister who is apparently living in the freshman dorms. Now usually I'm all about company when I drive but there are some things you just can't do when your driving in a car with someone who is more or less a complete stranger. For instance talking to yourself is frowned upon and so is blasting your most horrible music while singing along completely out of tune at the top of your lungs. I've find these activities to be very helpful when trying to stay awake on a late night drive but are also very helpful in encouraging passengers to leap while traveling at a high rate of speed. So I kept all my conversations with Myself confined to the inside of my head, put on my least bizarre and annoying music, and limited my musical participation to tapping lightly on the steering wheel. In other words I had a pretty miserable trip. Now my favorite literary character Serge would have left her sitting on the side of the road, turned up the tunes, and went on his merry (ok maybe criminally- insane-way is more realistic) . I of course did nothing of the sort, I was polite, I talked about stuff I couldn't care less about, I even helped her carry her bags up to her room. So maybe I'm not quite as big a moral degenerate as my hardcore-right-wing-ultra-catholic roommate would have everyone think.
Speaking of Serge great news for the followers of Mr. Storms. Tim Dorsey has finished the next book in the Serge Storms chronicles (The Big Bamboo) and has already started writing the still untitled book nine. The Big Bamboo is scheduled to be released in April 2006. As for the rest of us that are reading the paperbacks Torpdeo Juce is due out in April as well.

ok I'm off to study for one of the five major tests I have next week

peace out yo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home