<

October 09, 2005

Pandemonium

I can't even begin to explain what just happened in State College . I just wish everyone could have been here and experienced the Happy Valley last night / this morning. I did'nt get to sleep until 6 this morning so I'm just gonna post a few stats and quotes then go back to bed.


A few figures that count
144 hours at Paternoville
109,839 rain-soaked fans
A coach with 349
And a final score of 17-10


Quotes:

M- Rob
Senior, Quarterback
On the fans:

It was so loud in there. It got so loud I had to tell them to quiet down a little bit because the offensive line couldn'nt hear me talk. They were doing a great job for us.”

On going to a bowl game:
“This team deserves this. We just have to keep working hard and keep our minds focused on our goals, and the goal is to be in Pasadena.”

Tamba Hali
Sr./Sr. DE
Q: Can you talk about the crowd?
That'’s the reason I came to Penn State, for our fans. They support us every time they'’re here. They have been here since Sunday, and when we get on the field, we can do nothing less except play all out.

Deon Butler
Freshman, Wide Receiver
On the crowd:
The crowd was great. Their offense was calling timeouts; they couldn'’t hear things. Their defenders sometimes were trying to yell checks to each other and couldn'’t hear them. The crowd definitely got us going. When they are on your side, it makes it that much easier because you know if you make a good catch here or there and you know they are going to be right behind you It'’s crazy itt goes from dead silence to pure pandemonium.”

JoePa
Q: What do you think this means to the university and what it was like to have 109,000 people in the stadium?
The thing I have always wanted with Penn State football was that I wanted people to feel good not only about the winning but about the way we win. I have always tried to have a lot of hot dogging and allow us to be lousy sports. Some of this will have a lot to do with people being proud of the university and the things that we stand for. The students were absolutely unbelievable. In all the years I have been here, I have never seen more spontaneous enthusiasm and wanting to help.




We Are Penn State and We're Going to Passadina To Beat USC In The Rose Bowl

peace out yo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home