<

September 23, 2008

In a Hole in the Ground There Lived......


Forgot to post this the other day.

I started reading the Lord of the Rings books again yesterday. And I submit the following fact for your consideration and possible nomination as the single most dorky thing you know about me award.

Every year for the last 11 years I have read the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings books starting on September 22. Why September 22? Well that's the really dorky part. September 22 is one of the most important dates in the Tolkien's works.

Events of September 22.
  • 1290 Birth of Bilbo in the Shire
  • 1341 Bilbo and the barrels reach Lake-town
  • 1368 Birth of Frodo in the Shire
  • 1401 The long expected party
  • 1418 Frodo leaves the Shire
  • 1419 Saruman comes to the Shire
  • 1421 Last Ride of the Keepers of the Rings in Woody End
  • 1482 Sam leaves Bag End for the East
Hey don't judge me, I never put on a cape and I've defiantly never owned a pair of elf ears. I just consider it to be an unbelievably well written set of books. Anyway I thought about reading a chapter a week then posting about it. But lets face it nobody reads....ever. Book club is the worst idea ever. So we'll just stick to sports music and the other witty banter you've come to expect (but never seem to find) at The Nittanyproudfoot.

Word on the street is that they are making the Hobbit into two movies directed by Guillermo del Toro and produced by Peter Jackson. Jackson and his team are writing it now. The films will be shot in New Zealand in the Spring of 2010 with release dates in December of 2011 and 2012. Nice I love midnight-dork-movie-openings!

P.S.
Heading to PSU this weekend for the big WhiteOut game against Illinois. So the Padre will answer our sporting questions a little early then The Nittanyproudfoot is going on a week long hiatus.

Peace Out Yo and Lets Go State

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home