<

March 23, 2005

Mocked By Wendell Young!



So I went down to the Civic aka Mellon Arena on Tuesday to watch The Penguins Cup, the high school hockey championship. There was a rumor that some of the old Penguins would be there signing autographs so I brought a few pucks along with the hope of getting them singed by Ken Wregget or my favorite former crackhead Kevin Stevens. Well I guess most of the big names stayed home because all the star power the pens could muster for this little shindig was Peter Taglinetti and Wendell Young. Now for those of you who are a little hazy about the Penguins roster from over a decade ago Wendell Young was a backup/ third string goaltender on the Stanley Cup teams. He even played a few games on one of the many occasions when Borasso was injured. Well anyway, I guess Wendell had the night off from Burger King so Mario paid him a few bucks to sit at a table and sign Xeroxed photos of himself for people who didn't know who the hell he was. Being the complete dork I am, I did know who the hell Wendell Young was and decided to get a puck signed.

Well I walked up to Wendell who was sitting at a table looking very lonely. As I started to hand him a puck someone bumped into my arm and the puck flew into the air. For an excruciatingly long moment I fumbled with it before it clattered to the ground with a rubbery thud. I immediately retrieved my "puck-of-shame" from beneath the table and handed it to Wendell, he looked up at me and said "With reflexes like that I bet you never played goalie". For a split second I felt like I had been vanquished, then I realized I was talking to Wendell Freaken Young and responded "Well it never stopped you".


A few weeks ago I wrote about Philosophers, well i looked into what you need to do to become a philosopher. Here's what I found at www.princetonreview.com.....

You can become a philosopher simply by deciding to call yourself one. If thinking about life is practicing philosophy, who's to say that you have to be paid by a university to do it? Henry David Thoreau retreated from his fellow human beings, built a cabin at Walden Pond, and wrote books of philosophy. It helps to get published, of course, but you don't necessarily have to care whether other people follow and study your philosophy.

If this teaching thing doesn't work out I think I may have found another possible profession!

peace out yo


1 Comments:

At 6:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

AAAAAAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAA

matty, you succeeded in giving me a tiny bright spot during my insane fever. wendell young... jesus. bwahahahahahahaaaaaaa

*seriously, that's the funniest story ever.*

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home