<

June 19, 2005

20 Days, A New Record in Laziness

So what happens when you don't update your website for nearly three weeks?



Well apart from causing people to curse your name on a regular basis as they repeatedly go to your site and find no change you also gain an amazing amount of free time. What do you do with that time? Well, The Traveling Proudfoot ticker has gone from 5 miles 0 nights to 54 miles 2 nights. Last week I took a quick bike trip and I got back from a backpacking trip very late last night. To be honest with you the only reason I took the time to update now is because hiking has left me too sore to do anything else. So I've prescribed a strict regiment of napping, video games, and other activities that require the movement of my fingers only.



That brings me to the pics I posted below. We stayed at a free camp site along the Yough near the old Dravo Cemetery. The group that maintains the campsite and trail also takes care of the Cemetery. So since we didn't plan on walking until 9:00 Saturday night we offered to help with their project for the day. - Actually we decided to help because the "work crew" they sent out looked like they were about twenty minutes away for taking up residence in the Cemetery they were working in. The youngster of the group looked like he couldn't have been a day younger than 67- So the work crew informed us that the job for the day was filling in old collapsed graves! They gave us shovels,pointed us to an enormous pile of dirt, and said they'd check back in a few hours. Now some people would have spread the dirt and walked away maintaining the sanctity of our ancestors burial ground but I wouldn't be caught dead (pun intended)with people that wouldn't seize this opportunity.


I immediately grabbed my camera and took a few shots then realized we had an audience of bikers moving past us on the trail. So we made sure we gave them a nice view of us "digging up" old graves while looking over our shoulders and acting as suspicious as possible.



that's about it for now, more posts to come soon I promise


peace out yo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home